Children’s Ministry Director – Spring Branch Community Church
SPRING BRANCH COMMUNITY CHURCH – VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
- Position: Children’s Ministry Director
- Worship Style – Contemporary/Two Sunday morning services
- Denomination – Non-denominational/Independent Christian Church
- Church size – 900
Spring Branch Community Church is a relationally vibrant congregation in an outstanding coastal community. From the moment you walk in the doors, the family feel draws you in and compels you to stay. Through its weekend services, community life groups, and many on and off campus ministries, Spring Branch is truly living out its mission to bring real faith and real life together.
When you commit to “whatever it takes” as a follower of Christ, you never know what the future may hold. Senior Pastor Michael Simone and his wife Gail had no idea that God would turn a spark of an idea at their kitchen table in 1993 into the church that Spring Branch is today. Like the tides just down the road, this family of faith has experienced the ebb and flow of ministry. Spring Branch is currently in a season of anticipated growth, as the Lord keeps inviting the leadership to steward its legacy and still take risks to reach people for Christ.
Spring Branch has two creative, energetic weekend services at 9am and 11am each Sunday. An average of 900 people attend each week to participate in modern worship and biblical teaching, as well as build relationships through serving and learning opportunities. Children’s Ministry takes place at both services and currently averages 100-110 kids weekly. SBKids, along with the church’s leadership and families, can’t wait to welcome its new Children’s Ministry Director so more children (and their families) will experience real faith and real life as part of Spring Branch.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY APPROACH
Spring Branch is passionate about families and ensuring that Christ-centered faith is formed in partnership between church and home. They “think Orange” and apply this philosophy, curriculum, and approach to family ministry leadership in practical ways throughout its children’s and student ministries.
SBKids has a longstanding commitment to teaching biblical principles through media, drama, worship, and small groups so that kids of all ages will trust and follow Christ forever. It has approximately 140 dedicated, screened, and trained leaders that absolutely love serving kids and families as part of Spring Branch’s children’s ministries. There are ~60 volunteers in Promiseland (birth – pre-K), ~45 volunteers in Rock City (kindergarten – 5th grade), and ~30 in Awana (age 2 – 5th grade). SBKids uses highly biblical, creative, and relational programming/curriculum in both large and small group environments so children will come to know, love, and serve Christ for life.
Families and kids are welcomed each week into a safe and secure children’s ministry that utilizes electronic check-in, clearly marked signage, a volunteer security team, and clean rooms stocked with age-appropriate resources for kids and leaders to connect with God and each other. Families appreciate how Promiseland and Rock City seek to support what happens at home beyond Sunday and SBKids is committed to finding fresh ways to serve them each step of the way.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Family Life Team at Spring Branch is comprised of the full and part-time staff responsible for leading the Children’s and Student Ministries. The Children’s Ministry Director will report to the
Associate Pastor and provide leadership to SBKids. There are currently two full-time and one part-time staff that provide creative direction and administrative coordination for Promiseland (birth to pre-K) and Rock City (kindergarten to 5th grade). The responsibilities and reporting structure of the children’s ministry will be adjusted as appropriate when the new Children’s Ministry Director comes on board.
Capabilities & Characteristics:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in education or Christian ministry). Master’s degree is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a full-time ministry situation with children. At least 5 years of total ministry experience.
- Deep devotion to God and His Word and a desire to teach and mentor children in Biblical truth
- Gifted leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level).
- Committed to, and doctrinally aligned with the vision, mission, and values of Spring Branch.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Disciplined, innovative and creative.
- High ministry competency (a veteran of children’s conferences, networking).
- Able to be highly engaging as a leader of families.
- Able to develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring, and teaching.
- Experienced in leading ministries that reach 200+ children.
- Live a healthy balanced lifestyle that honors God, family and others.
- Provide overall visionary leadership to the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Lead the structure and design of children’s weekend services in a team environment.
- Facilitate creative children’s and family events (VBS, camps and outreaches).
- Function as both an administrator and the face of the ministry to kids and parents.
- Redefine, revitalize and maintain a healthy and effective volunteer team of parents and teens.
- Realistically equip parents to be involved in the spiritual formation of their child.
- Build a family culture that is continually attracting new kids and families.
- In consultation with other church leaders, define a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about the accomplishments of the children’s ministry.
- Explore emerging technologies that help engage more volunteers in the ministry of the church.
- Review all curriculum used by the children’s ministry and ensures they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Establish and maintain a security system that protects children in our church’s care.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.)
- Recruit volunteers and skilled staff.
- Develop current staff to grow into their God-given potential.
- Produce outreach-oriented events that are strategic to the overall vision and mission of the church.
- Develop a strategic plan in alignment with the overall church mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Oversee adjustment and implementation of an effective, long-term budget.
- Salary $45,000-$65,000 annually; reports to Associate Pastor; five-day work week (44 hrs.)
- Total compensation with full-time benefits including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, 403(b).
To find out more about Spring Branch Community Church, explore http://www.springbranch.org to learn more about their doctrinal beliefs, vision, values and the many other ministries of the church.
If, after a thorough look at these documents, you feel this ministry opportunity would be a good fit for you, please email Dan Lovaglia at Slingshot Group: email@example.com.