First Baptist Church of Belle Glade
Children’s Ministry Director
Bottom Line Job Description:
“To Love and lead Children from birth through 5th grade and their families into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creatively teaching God’s Word, providing opportunities for authentic worship, planning and organizing fun and meaningful spiritual events as well as offering avenues for service which will grow them in a Christ-centered, nurturing environment.”
The Children’s Director at First Baptist Church of Belle Glade is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for children and their families; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; and someone who is able to grow our children and their families in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in the Children’s Ministry.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement an effective ministry to children and their families.
- Enlist all ministry volunteer leadership.
- Train all the above volunteer leadership in giving our children and their families the best possible Biblical training toward developing Christ-like character
- Develop and oversee all programing for all children birth through 5th grade and all opportunities for their discipleship.
- Sunday mornings
- Wednesday night mid week ministry
- Summer camp(s)
- Provide leadership to Harvest Blowout (Annual fall outreach event)
- Create opportunities for children to use their gifts to serve God and His kingdom.
- Plan, coordinate and execute events that provide meaningful opportunities for children and their families to grow in their faith.
- Submit an annual ministry plan and budget for the children’s ministries to be approved by the Senior Pastor.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development events.
- Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at First Baptist Church of Belle Glade.
The following responsibilities reflect areas of ministry that need to be fulfilled by First Baptist Church of Belle Glade’s Ministry Team, but can be tailored to fit your strengths: Discipleship; Administration; Senior Adults; Missions/Evangelism; Recreation/Activities/Fellowship; First Impressions/Assimilation. Additional responsibilities will be designated by the Senior Pastor according to the needs of the church.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- An extremely creative, high capacity leader that is assertive and organized.
- Able to creatively and effectively teach and communicate God’s Word to students as well as adults.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- Highly relational in order to effectively minister to children and their families.
- Prior experience in Children’s ministry.
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate the gospel.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and ministerial excellence.
- Committed to the community of First Baptist Church of Belle Glade as well as the lake area.
- In agreement with First Baptist Church of Belle Glade’s doctrine, mission, and values .
- Obtaining a class C CDL with Passenger Endorsement in order to drive the church vehicles.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours a week) with a benefits package.
If you’re interested in this position please submit a current photo, cover letter, resume and social media handles to firstname.lastname@example.org