Director of Children and Family Ministry
Grace United Methodist Church (Grace Church) located in Perrysburg,
Ohio seeks a full time Director of Children and Family Ministry.
Grace Church is a growing church with over 900 members and a weekly
worship attendance around 520. The Sunday morning children’s ministry has
around 25 children in classes and another 50 in Kids Church during our
contemporary service. Grace Church seeks an enthusiastic leader to join our
staff team and oversee this expanding ministry in an expanding community!
An applicant will ideally have some of the following training and/or
experience: Experience leading, managing and organizing volunteers and
experience volunteering in or leading a children’s ministry, a background in
early childhood or elementary education or preferably Christian education,
ministry training. Salary dependent on training and experience.
Candidates may submit resumes via email to
email@example.com by May 1st.
For more information including a full job description, visit: https://www.gracechurchperrysburg.com/employment
This position will remain open until it is filled with a desired hire
date of June 1.
An early childhood or elementary education preferred.
A minimum of three years’ experience working with children, along with developing leaders and administering programs, is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Affirmation and agreement of the mission and values of Grace UMC
- Passion for evangelizing and discipling children, as well as resourcing parents
- Strong interpersonal skills with people of all ages
- Clear understanding of Biblical truth
- Calling to cast a clear and compelling vision, and to communicate it effectively
- Lead by enlisting, equipping, encouraging, and entrusting a growing group of volunteers
- Self-directed, teachable spirit, positive attitude, flexibility, and sense of humor
- Ability to encourage creativity and risk taking; to develop new ideas and programs
- Ability to build teams and foster a spirit of team work throughout all areas of the ministry
- Demonstrate forethought, planning, organization skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, internet, and social media, google docs
- Familiarity with Growing Young, and whole family strategies (Orange, D6, etc.)
The Director of Children and Family Ministries must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, a love for children and their maturing in faith, and a heart to train parents in their role as spiritual leaders to their kids. This person must also believe in the authority of the Bible, regularly spend time studying God’s Word, and faithfully attend worship. This individual will continually seek to honor Christ in all relationships and maintain a lifestyle which is consistent with Scripture. A minimum of three years’ experience working with children, along with developing leaders and administering programs, is preferred. An early childhood or elementary education preferred. This person must have excellent interpersonal skills, teaching gifts, experience recruiting and developing volunteers, and the ability to lead vibrant growing children and family ministries.