Position Summary – The Family Pastor will lead the LegacyKids Ministry to accomplish our vision by pastoring families with children ages Birth to Grade 5 to Love God, Love People, & Serve our World.
1. Team Builder – Equip others to accomplish the work God has entrusted to us. We have new families coming each and every week, so we are consistently looking to expand our team. The Family Pastor will be able to recruit and train leaders who can “do the work of the ministry.”
2. Vision Caster – Partner with families to disciple their children in Christ. The best way for kids to learn to love Jesus is to involve their parents. Your responsibility would be to set the tone in creating irresistible environments kids love to come back to, and support parents with resources and coaching to have success modeling a life that experiences Jesus every day.
3. Outreach Catalyst – We conduct several strategic events each year to reach out to our community. Since families are one of our primary ministry targets; you will play a lead role in helping mobilize teams to reach out to our community. In this role you’ll help design, plan, and implement events to introduce unchurched families to Jesus and Legacy Chapel.
· Oversee Children’s Ministry – Baby Chapel: Birth to 23 months, Junior Chapel: 24 to Pre K, Kids Chapel: Kindergarten to 5th grade.
· Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly leadership meetings, and retreats as requested.
· Oversee and ensure that appropriate safety and security procedures are in place and being followed & create new policy as needed
· Recruit, equip, train, and schedule all LegacyKids volunteers
· Plan and execute all elements and activities of the weekly LegacyKids ministry
· Be a part of the planning and implementing outreach events for kids and families
· (Examples: Eggstravaganza, Vacation Bible School, Pumpkinpalooza, etc.)
· Organize and execute “Summer Camp” for elementary age kids (future)
· Organize and execute a Christmas Kids Choir for the Christmas Eve Services
· Personify and manage a warm welcome for parents and kids during the check-in experience
· Provide timely and superb follow up of all visiting families and their children.
· Oversee appropriate and intentional pastoral care of all LegacyKids families.
· Oversee all communication involving LegacyKids: Weekly Bulletin, Bulletin Boards, Website, Facebook, Email updates, etc.
Weekly Schedule Example: Approximately 40 hours per week.
· 16 hours of 2 full work days at the church – general church duties and follow up assignments.
· 8 hours of mid-week preparation for weekend services,
· 2 hours weekly staff meeting in the evening time,
· 6 hours on Sunday mornings, includes a lunch appointment each week 8:30am to 1:30pm.
· 8 hours per week of off-site appointments with people in the church, which is approximately 6 to 8 face to face meetings per week.
Who is Legacy Chapel?
Legacy Chapel will be a catalyst for cultural and spiritual transformation in Denver, Colorado where “Loving God, Loving People, and Serving our World” is the new cultural norm.
Sounds crazy we know, but with God all things are possible! Our Vision statement of “Loving God, Loving People and Serving our World” is the essence of our mission and is THE activity (love) for every believer. We will accomplish our Vision by remaining laser focused on the same mission God gave to the New Testament church over two thousand years ago – to love God and to love others!
God’s Word guides the training and development of the church for success in every area of life, and Legacy Chapel will be an active and participating community of faith encouraging each member to discover and then serve their God-given gifts in every area of their lives. It is with the Holy Spirit that we can take steps of faith to live an empowered life that transforms and leads others to Jesus!
We believe the Kingdom of God will be advanced in Denver by touching all aspects of our society – Family, Religion, Education, Business, Government, Entertainment and Media. God has called his people to each of these areas in our society and we should not be isolated from it. But rather we are called to transform it with the transforming power of Jesus Christ. The local church is the hope of the world and loving Christians are the instrument God has chosen to bring about Godly transformation.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a born again believer with a solid knowledge of God’s Word and is not timid to tell others about Jesus and how He captured their heart. They must have elementary age bible teaching experience, must be a self-starter, motivated to work smart and NOT just busy, understand how to be innovative and resourceful in order to create a life changing children’s ministry. This person must have passion to see children become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for a unique yet specific personality for this position. Picture a person like Chris Farley mixed with your favorite sports coach. We desire this person to be a people magnet with a personality that is entertaining, exciting, and fun to be around. In the DISC Assessment, you’d be a high “I” likely mixed with a high “D”. Your personality must be one who can mobilize, encourage, inspire and excite children, parents, and volunteers. We are centering our focus on making disciples who make disciples. This means that we expect our leadership, and especially our staff, to model good coaching, empowering, and the raising up of leaders. If you are a mix of these natural gifts and are wired in this way, we’d love to talk with you.
This person will be someone who is willing to grow with Legacy Chapel. It must be clearly understood this position is our first full-time position. All of our staff have an outside job while serving passionately at Legacy Chapel. We believe a likely candidate would be an ambitious person who has a heart to serve the local church, passionate about children, loves God and all people, and could see themselves growing with Legacy Chapel from its earliest years!