Full-Time Kids Minister (Houston)
River Pointe Church in Missouri City, Texas is looking for a high-capacity, energetic and authentic leader to own and lead all things Kids Min. We are a church that is serious about reaching the lost and unchurched for Jesus, and we will provide every resource necessary to make sure that the right leader has everything he or she needs to be successful.
In May 2019, we will open the doors to our first permanent home (building), with over 40,000 sf of incredible spaces for adults, students and kids. The team loves working and playing together, and we are truly excited to meet the person that God is calling to come and help us reach the next generation and their families.
As a church, we value diversity and authenticity. We work hard and laugh hard. And we are serious about doing everything we can to make and build up new disciples for Jesus.
If you have some experience, lots of passion and a genuine desire to make an impact for the kingdom, we would love to talk with you. Please send an email to our Lead Pastor, Nathan Bryant, at Nathan@rpc.me for more details about our church and this job.
- Create and maintain an environment where kids feel accepted, safe and excited to engage with volunteers and with one another.
- Recruit, train and mentor volunteers for all areas of the ministry — check-in, group leaders, programming, lesson prep, follow-up, etc.
- Develop, design and monitor all Kids’ Sunday morning programming. This will include the review, adaptation and creation of curriculum in all Kids Ministry classes.
- Lead short-term classes for kids discipleship outside of Sunday morning. These will include baptism classes, Bible basics, etc.
- Follow up with new visitors, both kids and their families, in a timely manner (to be determined in a campus-wide assimilation plan).
- Invest relationally in Kids volunteers, in parents and in kids by spending time with them outside of Sunday mornings — coffee, lunch, attending school functions, games and recitals, etc.
- Plan and carry out quarterly events/activities outside of Sunday mornings for kids and families at RPC Missouri City so that they can connect relationally with ministry volunteers and with one another.
- Oversee seasonal ministry events and programs such as Father-Daughter dance (spring), back-to-school Splash Bash (summer), Christmas Tree Lighting and Kids Choir (winter).
- Ensure that all technical systems (computers, TVs, tablets, printers) are in place and properly working.
- Learn the RPC database system (The Rock) and use it as it has been designed to 1) report attendance, 2) connect with families who’ve been absent, and 3) maintain a list of active volunteers.
- Create an annual Kids Ministry budget and maintain control of expenditures to stay within the approved budget.
- Maintain all Kids Ministry areas and equipment and make sure all repairs, fixes and needed improvements are promptly brought to the attention of the Lead Pastor and RPC Facilities department.
- Work with Student Pastor to help kids transition from Kids Ministry into the Student Ministry.
- Communicate with parents regularly via email, social media and our website — let them know what we’re teaching, provide them with resources that help them disciple their kids and promote opportunities for further engagement at RPC.
We'd prefer this person to be, at least, college educated.
This is not a "first job in ministry" kind of position. While we don't require a great deal of experience, some will be very helpful to us.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of River Pointe Church.
- A desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- We expect our staff and their family to make RPC Missouri City your church home and engage in all aspects of membership.
- Be a model Kids Ministry worker — arriving early, staying late and setting the tone with your attitude and passion for all aspects of our Kids ministry.
- Have a presence at church-wide events and the monthly Meet & Greet classes to share the vision for Kids ministry and recruit new volunteers.
- Pro-active and forward thinker with an eye on improving our church and Kids area.
- Demonstrate flexibility in work roles, patience and courtesy with others and a commitment to the “team.”
- The Kids Director is accountable to the Lead Pastor of RPC Missouri City. This will be maintained through continual observation, weekly 1-on-1 meetings and quarterly reviews.
- Each Missouri City team member is required to attend weekly MC staff meetings and monthly all-staff meetings (at the Richmond campus) in addition to any staff retreats and/or continuing education trips.
- The Missouri City Kids Director will meet regularly (at least 1x monthly) with the Kids Ministry team at our Richmond campus to maintain symmetry with their ministry and collaborate on all things “Kids” at RPC.