Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church Kids Ministry Director
Position Title: WL Kids Ministry Director
As Of Date: April 2018
Department Name: WL Kids Ministries
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Position Purpose: The purpose of the WL Children’s Ministry Director is to oversee, facilitate, and further the discipleship of children and families of Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church through children’s ministry programs (Infant-6th Grade). The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for creating and maintaining a children’s ministry environment that is fun, comfortable, safe and engaging, with an emphasis on compelling and effective teaching of the gospel and foundational biblical truth.
- Living out an active and personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Own a philosophical alignment with WL Grace Brethren Church as well as WL Kids mission and values.
- Possess a passion and skill for discipleship and leadership development.
- A teachable spirit and eagerness to serve in teamwork.
- Educational background in children’s ministry or children’s education.
- Some biblical or theological training.
- Eagerness to continue personal development, as advised by Lead Pastor.
- 5-10 years’ experience in children’s ministry or relevant leadership experience.
- Experience in leading and managing a multi-faceted children’s ministry.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
Develop, Implement, and Facilitate a WL Kids Ministry Plan
- Coordinate with WL pastoral staff to evaluate current WL Kid’s ministries and to create a vision for the future of the ministry that aligns with the overarching WLGBC mission and values.
- Select or develop and facilitate a children’s ministry curriculum with an emphasis on an “Every Person Matters” philosophy in an effort to equip and engage children and families at all levels of the WL Kids ministry.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly WL Kids ministries including but not limited to: Sunday morning and evening ministries, AWANA Sunday School, Wednesday Night SPLASH, VBS, and periodic ministry events.
- Partner with WL Youth ministry leaders to create a plan to help 6th graders transition into our student ministries program.
Create an effective team of Children’s Ministries staff and volunteers
- Develop and coordinate initiatives for WL Kids team members in an effort to support and equip them for discipleship and ministry.
- Effectively build relationships with church members in an effort to recruit and establish a consistent flow of volunteer support for WL Kids ministries.
- Hold regular meetings with WL Kids Coordinators in an effort to ensure needs and support are communicated.
- Establish tools to be able to evaluate and place WL Kids Coordinators according to strengths and weaknesses.
- Communicate effectively with WL Kids team via e-mail, social media, phone calls, or face to face meeting.
Partnership with Parents/Caregivers
- Seek to partner with parents/caregivers to facilitate continued spiritual growth at home and maintain good communication on WL Kids ministry events.
- Develop and provide ongoing digital and print resources for families that encourage and foster regular in-home discipleship.
- Create and incorporate a culture of evangelistic outreach within WL Kids ministries by developing programming and events to reach out to the community.
- Build and cultivate relationships with other children’s ministry professionals to support and enhance programing and to keep in touch with the future of children’s ministry.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) Desired:
KSA #1: Knowledgeable about Grace Brethren Doctrine
KSA #2: Gifts in discipleship, training, servant leadership, and administration
KSA #3: Competency and passion for teaching both children and parents
KSA #4: Demonstrates proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capabilities
KSA #5: Superior organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
KSA #6: Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
KSA #7: Excellent verbal and written communications
KSA #8: Experience and ability to recruit and coordinate volunteers
KSA #9: Demonstrates the ability to be able to work independently
KSA #10: A personable and welcoming to mindset and attitude
KSA#11: Proficient computer skills in MS Office
Schedule and Hours:
· Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings mandatory; 40 hours per week
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The facility is a nonsmoking environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
If interested in applying for this position please email your resume to email@example.com